This is one of the best meatloaf recipes ever! It's full of flavor and the meat is very juicy. I used more cheese than the recipe called for, but other than that I followed the recipe and it came out perfect! I served this with macaroni and cheese and green beans. I plan to make this again very soon. It also made great leftovers.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, drained
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together ground chuck and pork in a large bowl.
- 2. Process diced tomatoes in a blender or food processor 5 seconds or until slightly chunky, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Stir tomatoes, marinara sauce, and next 4 ingredients into ground beef mixture just until combined.
- 3. Shape into a 9- x 5-inch loaf; place meatloaf on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Top with mozzarella cheese, and bake 15 more minutes or until center is no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Shape into a 9- x 5-inch loaf, and cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Uncover and proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes