Really good but next time I think I'll spring for the prosciutto.
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto
Freezing instructions: After assembling the lasagna, cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator; bake as directed.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Calcium: 213mg
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add cottage cheese; process 2 minutes or until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Romano, basil, pepper, and egg; process until well-blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over the pasta sauce; top with 1 cup cheese mixture, 1/3 cup prosciutto, and 3/4 cup pasta sauce. Repeat the layers two times, ending with noodles. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Romano and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let lasagna stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles