This was restaurant quality good! We all had seconds. Truly as good as everyone says in the reviews! Not so sure it's Cooking Light if you eat the whole pan, and you will want to! Make exactly as listed, because it's annoying when reviewers change / substitute ingredients and then try to rate the recipe.
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto
Freezing instructions: After assembling the lasagna, cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator; bake as directed.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Calcium: 213mg
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add cottage cheese; process 2 minutes or until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Romano, basil, pepper, and egg; process until well-blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over the pasta sauce; top with 1 cup cheese mixture, 1/3 cup prosciutto, and 3/4 cup pasta sauce. Repeat the layers two times, ending with noodles. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Romano and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let lasagna stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles