Do you think it's possible to freeze these?
Tomato-Basil Lasagna Rolls
Canned artichokes give the rich filling its meaty heft. Feel free to sub sautéed 'shrooms or spinach.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-oz.) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toppings: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse); arrange in a single layer on a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil or wax paper.
- 2. Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add two-thirds of minced garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and next 2 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts, next 3 ingredients, and remaining minced garlic. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture on 1 noodle. Roll up firmly, and place, seam side down, into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over lasagna rolls.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving (not including toppings).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note