- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-oz.) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toppings: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese
- calories 190
- fat 5 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 590 mg
- calcium 120 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse); arrange in a single layer on a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil or wax paper.
Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add two-thirds of minced garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and next 2 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts, next 3 ingredients, and remaining minced garlic. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture on 1 noodle. Roll up firmly, and place, seam side down, into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over lasagna rolls.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
Note: We tested with Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving (not including toppings).