This recipe was fantastic. I made it for my girlfriend last night and she absolutely loved it and I did as well. The flavor in the filling was the key...we couldn't stop eating it. It was a perfect balance of flavors and nothing was too overpowering. We chose steamed veggies as a side dish. She definitely wants me to make it again. Thanks!
Tomato-Basil Chicken Cannelloni
Hands-On Time: 20 min., Total Time: 55 min.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (8-oz.) package manicotti shells
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (8-oz.) containers chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 (24-oz.) jars BERTOLLI Tomato-Basil Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together chicken, cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Cut pasta shells in half through 1 side. Fill each shell with chicken mixture, gently pressing cut sides together around filling. Place, cut sides down, in 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dishes. Pour sauce over shells.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and cannelloni are thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: You can make this in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish if you don't have 2 (11- x 7-inch) dishes. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and cannelloni are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes