Tomato Basil Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) chickens cut into 8 pieces each
- 2 whole(s) large beefsteak tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 bottle(s) Italian dressing 8oz bottle
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 4 whole(s) cloves of garlic
- 5-7 whole(s) sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Place the chicken pieces in a single layer, skin side up, in two 9x13 pyrex or cast iron baking pans. Set aside.
- 2. Place the chunks of tomatoes into a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse to chop (or use Vitamix). Add the dressing, basil, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Pulse to puree and emulsify.
- 3. Pour the tomato mixture evenly over the chicken pieces. Bake uncovered for 90 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and no longer pink. Meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken should read 180 degrees. Check the chicken during the cooking period and redistribute the dressing over the top a few times.
- **Great dish to freeze! Just cook it all the way through, then let cool completely before freezing. When you want to serve it, defrost it all the way, then warm at 275 degrees covered in foil until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Basil Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes