Bruschetta is an appetizer of toasted bread that is usually topped with some type of cheese, vegetable, or herb. Here, fresh basil leaves add beauty and an extra punch of flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fiber: 1g
- Calcium: 20mg
- 18 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut whole-grain French baguette
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 18 (1/4-inch-thick) diagonal slices plum tomato (about 5 large plum tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 18 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet; coat slices with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until bread is toasted; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, and basil in a small bowl, and stir well.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread slice; top with tomato slices, and sprinkle with pepper. Top each tomato slice with a basil leaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note