Tomato Basil Bread Soup
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 1191mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 164mg
- 4 ounces sourdough bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine sourdough bread and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly roll pan; bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Add broth, basil, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into each of 5 soup bowls. Top evenly with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews