- 4 ounces sourdough bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 191
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- protein 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 28.5 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 1191 mg
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fiber 2.7 g
- calcium 164 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 300°.
Combine sourdough bread and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly roll pan; bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Add broth, basil, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into each of 5 soup bowls. Top evenly with croutons and Parmesan cheese.