I served this at a luncheon. It was easy to prepare, well received and delicious.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Toppings: fresh basil leaves, freshly ground pepper, Parmesan cheese
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Also appeared in the October 2002 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews