I served this at a luncheon. It was easy to prepare, well received and delicious.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Toppings: fresh basil leaves, freshly ground pepper, Parmesan cheese
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Also appeared in the October 2002 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note