Canned tomato soup gets a boost in this satisfying version, served warm or cold.
Yield: about 7 cups
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: shredded fresh basil
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews