- 1 cup sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (7-ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (4-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- calories 261
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 14.5 g
- carbohydrate 32.4 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 83 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 664 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine tomato and water; let stand 15 minutes. Drain and cut into thin slices.
Separate breadstick dough into strips. Coil 1 strip of dough. Add second strip to end of first, pinching ends together; continue coiling. Repeat procedure with remaining strips to make an 8-inch-round coil. Press coiled dough into a 13-inch circle, and place in a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under, and flute; sprinkle with cornmeal.
Drain artichokes in a wire-mesh strainer, reserving liquid; chop artichokes. Pour liquid into a nonstick skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and onions; saute 5 minutes. Stir in basil and oregano; remove from heat.
Arrange tomato, artichokes, and onion mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheeses.
Combine milk and remaining 3 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.