Tomato Apple Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic sliced
- 3 honeycrisp or fuji apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) sambal chili paste
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 can(s) whole peeled tomatoes and juice
- 4 cup(s) apple cider
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream divided in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add ontions, garlic and a pinch of salt. Sautee for 10 minutes until pale and tender
- 2. Add apples, tomato paste, mustard, sambal, and white wine. Let wine reduce by half (5 to 7 min)
- 3. Add tomatoes and cider; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for an hour
- 4. Pour half the soup in a blender. Puree with one part of the cream until smooth. Repeat with the second batch and combine it all together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aislinn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Apple Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews