We love this recipe and added a few flavors: avocado, blueberries, yellow and red watermelon, feta, and Trader Joes roasted & salted Rosemary Marcona almonds. It was a huge hit for our summer party and it was beautiful on the table.
Combine sweet, juicy watermelon chunks with fresh tomato, onion and a red wine vinaigrette for a salad that is the essence of summer.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 5 cups (3/4-inch) seeded watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1. Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in onion, vinegar, and oil. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled with lettuce leaves, if desired. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads