- 5 cups (3/4-inch) seeded watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
How to Make It
Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
Stir in onion, vinegar, and oil. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled with lettuce leaves, if desired. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to taste.