just OK, nothing special. it is nice, however, that it can be made ahead.
The flavors of this tomato salad recipe really shine with the addition of sweet Vidalia onions, fresh basil and a balsamic vinaigrette.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 2 Hours
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Arrange tomato and onion slices in rows in a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped basil, and drizzle evenly with marinade. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note