The flavors of this tomato salad recipe really shine with the addition of sweet Vidalia onions, fresh basil and a balsamic vinaigrette.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 2 Hours
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Arrange tomato and onion slices in rows in a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped basil, and drizzle evenly with marinade. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note