- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata or black olives
- Garnish: fresh basil
How to Make It
Prepare and bake piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
Heat olive oil in a skillet; add onion, and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
Spread onion over bottom of crust, and top with basil and 1 cup goat cheese. Arrange tomatoes over cheese. Top with olives. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese starts to brown slightly. Garnish, if desired.