My fiancee didn't like this at all because he didn't think that curry and mango go together. I thought the vinaigrette was really good because the sweetness of the orange and smokiness of the curry went well, but I didn't like it with the tomatoes.
Tomato-and-Mango Salad with Curry-Orange Vinaigrette
This recipe is also delicious with peaches or nectarines in place of the mangoes.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 61mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 6 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 2 medium mangoes (about 2 pounds), peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves
- Bring the orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in oil, curry powder, and salt. Cool to room temperature.
- Divide the tomato wedges and mango strips evenly among 6 salad plates. Drizzle evenly with dressing; sprinkle with mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads