Photo: Charles Walton IV; Styling: Rebecca Kracke Gordon
More From Southern Living
Total: 21 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- SERVE WITH:
- Cubed, lightly toasted French bread; cubed, toasted cheese bread; chopped, cooked chicken tenders; meatballs; tortellini
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and lemon zest, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in basil. Transfer to fondue pot; keep warm. Serve with desired accompaniments.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note