This is our favorite appetizer... it's a win any time of year!
Tomato-and-Goat Cheese Crostini
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (3-ounce) logs herb-flavored goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together tomatoes, salt, and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine cheese, basil, and pepper in a bowl; stir and set aside.
- Cut bread diagonally into 20 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Brush both sides of slices evenly with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill over medium heat (300° to 350°) 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from grill.
- Rub cut sides of garlic over bread slices; spread about 1/2 tablespoon cheese mixture evenly over each bread slice. Top evenly with tomato mixture, and sprinkle evenly with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers