Tomato-and-Crabmeat Cream Gravy
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pint fresh lump crabmeat, drained*
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 1 minute. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. (Do not brown.) Gradually add chicken broth and cream, whisking until smooth. Stir in salt and ground red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until thickened. Stir in crabmeat and tomatoes; cook just until thoroughly heated.
- *1 pound unpeeled large, fresh shrimp, cooked and peeled, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This