Simple and tasty -- I used Fritos for the corn chips, figuring they would hold up better than the usual chips. I was worried that Italian dressing was going to taste weird with the Mexican food I was serving, but it was terrific.
Tomato-and-Corn Chip Salad
Try a time-saving, ready-to-use bottled Italian salad dressing instead of the vinaigrette on days when time is really short.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-oz. ) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- Italian Vinaigrette
- 1. Layer first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with Italian Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads