I have been making this recipe since it came out in August of 2012. My family LOVES it! The recipe is simple and the result is a clean, tangy salsa that is great on fish as well as the Chicken Enchiladas.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
Fresh ingredients and bright flavor, Tomatillo Salsa serves as a topper for Chicken Enchiladas or as tasty appetizer with tortilla chips.
This recipe goes with Chicken Enchiladas
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups diced tomatillo
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced avocado
- Stir together tomatillo, green onions, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, fresh lime juice, and salt. Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Stir in avocado just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This