Serve this salsa to spoon onto fish tacos.
This recipe goes with Loews Grilled-Fish Tacos
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 2.8
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Sodium: 0.3mg
- 1/2 pound tomatillos
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 fresh serrano chili, stemmed and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Husk and rinse tomatillos, then add to boiling water. Cook until barely soft when pressed, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Drain tomatillos and immerse in ice water. When cool, in about 3 minutes, purée in a blender or food processor. Pour purée into a bowl.
- 3. Add red onion, chili, lime juice, and cilantro and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments