- 12 ounces tomatillos (about 5 medium), husks removed
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds), skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons Mexican crema
- calories 302
- fat 16 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 3.1 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 105 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 446 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Place first 3 ingredients on a jelly-roll pan; broil 9 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Combine tomatillo mixture, cilantro, stock, and flour in a blender; process until smooth.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan, meaty side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; top with tomatillo mixture. Partially cover pan; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 9 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with tomatoes; top with crema.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.