- 1 1/4 pounds fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- 2 garlic cloves
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Toss tomatillos with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until blistered and charred, about 7 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
Process grilled tomatillos, avocado, lime juice, garlic, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.