Tom Yam Pla (thai fish soup with coconut milk
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) dry lemon grass
- 4 slice(s) dried laos root
- 3 cup(s) fish or vegetable stock
- 2 can(s) 14oz can coconut milk
- 3-6 small red chilies cut into rounds
- 3 scallions minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro minced
- 3/4 pound(s) white fish fillet cut into large bite size pieces
- 2 whole(s) juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- In a small sauce pan simmer the lemon grass and laos root slices in 1 cup of stock for 1/2 hour. Add more liquid as necessary to retain 1 cup. meanwhile in lg sauce pan simmer coconut milk and remaining 2 cups of stock, uncovered minutes ( covering may cause curdling). Add chilies scallions, cilantro, and the fish. strain lemon grass and laos root and add liquid to the pot. Simmer uncovered until fish is just cooked. remove from heat stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note