This is listed as a vegan recipe, but then states in the introduction that it includes an ingredient (red curry paste) that is not vegan by inclusion of 'ghee' or clarified butter. Please check your recipes carefully before posting them under incorrect headings!
Tofu with Red Curry Paste, Peas, and Yellow Tomatoes
Red curry paste can be found in the ethnic or gourmet sections of most large supermarkets. The paste is a blend of clarified butter (ghee), curry powder, vinegar, and other seasonings. Use either Indian or Asian curry paste; it comes in mild and hot versions, so adjust the heat to suit your preference.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 66.9g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 8.7mg
- Sodium: 344mg
- Calcium: 154mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled) or frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow tomato
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook until liquid from tofu is evaporated (about 3 minutes). Remove tofu from pan; sprinkle with lime juice, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add tofu, and cook 7 minutes or until golden. Combine milk and curry paste; add to pan. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Add peas and tomato; cook 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note