Tofu Veggie Meatloaf by radbird91 on Calorie count
Community Recipe from
- 14 ounce(s) Extra Firm Tofu
- Tofu Veggie Meatloaf - 130 Cals Per Serving! Recipe
- Tags:tofu, tofu meatloaf, dinner, meatloaf, tofu veggie meatloaf
- Looking for an easy Tofu Veggie Meatloaf - 130 Cals per serving! recipe? Learn how to make Tofu Veggie Meatloaf - 130 Cals per serving! using healthy ingredients.
- Submitted by radbird191
- Makes 6 servings
- I served this with steamed vegetables and instant mashed potatoes as side dishes. (mashed potatoes prepared with 1 tbsp of Smart Balance instead of 3 of butter, and 1/2 cup water/1/4 cup skim milk instead of 3/4 cup whole milk) Light, delicious, and filling meal. Under 300 calories.
- Recipe Ingredients for Tofu Veggie Meatloaf - 130 Cals per serving!
- For meatloaf:
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup bran cereal
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 chopped medium carrot
- 1/16 tsp sage, cumin, nutmeg, garlic powder, black pepper, basil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- For topping sauce:
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp Apple Cidar Vinegar
- 2 tsp Splenda
- Recipe Directions for Tofu Veggie Meatloaf - 130 Cals per serving!
- Preheat oven to 350F and PAM a bread pan or small lasagne pan.
- In a sauce pan, cook the tofu (pre-drained and squeezed). I added browning sauce, soy sauce, and spices, but it's optional. It ends up looking (and smelling!) like ground beef.
- Mix the cooked tofu all of the goodies together and press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown on the top.
- Heat the sauce ingredients on the stove, pour on top of loaf, and let it cook another couple minutes.
- Slice and serve warm! mmmm
- Vegetables, Main Dish, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Bake, Vegetarian, Kosher, Sugar-Free
- Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/tofu-veggie-meatloaf-130-cals-recipe-r31224#ixzz2HPVp2spx
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lizzi23 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tofu Veggie Meatloaf by radbird91 on Calorie count Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes