Yummy! We didn't do the skewers either. We added fresh salsa, the cabbage and some shredded cheddar cheese! Similar to a fish taco!. Also I reduced the chili powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons and did not at the cayenne pepper
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Sodium: 1198mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 ounces water- or vacuum-packed extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 8 corn tortillas (6 in. diameter)
- About 1 cup tomato salsa
- About 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1. Rinse tofu, drain in a colander for about 5 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch cubes and lightly blot with more paper towels.
- 2. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Add tofu and mix gently to coat cubes completely. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix cabbage with vinegar. Stack tortillas and enclose in plastic wrap.
- 4. Thread tofu cubes equally onto four 8-inch wooden skewers (see notes). Set a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, lay skewers in pan and turn as needed to brown tofu on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter. Mound cabbage mixture alongside.
- 5. Heat tortillas in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until hot and steamy, 30 to 45 seconds. Wrap in a towel. Serve with tofu and cabbage, salsa, and sour cream. Eat taco style, filling tortillas as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes