The turmeric turns the tofu yolk-yellow, and the garnishes lend the whole dish a huevos rancheros vibe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-14 ounce(s) blocks extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 1-15 ounce(s) can black beans rinsed,drained
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas warmed
- Place tofu on a plate lined with several layers of paper towels ( to absorb liquid). Using a fork, smash tofu.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high hear. Add onions and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in coriander and cumin; cook until fragrant, about one minute. Stir in tofu, then turmeric. Add beans; cook, stirring often, until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve scramble with tortillas and garnishes, as desired.
- Garnishes: Salsa, chopped avocado, grated cheddar, sliced scallions, and hot pepper sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mkweber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tofu Scramble Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch