Tofu Red Cooking
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) chile paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pound(s) firm tofu-cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 1/2 ounce(s) shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 3/4 cup(s) scallions- 4
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon(s) bottled minced garlic
- 2 cup(s) brown rice
- stir first 5 ingredients in 2 cup measure and whisk
- combine vinegar and cornstarch in small bawl with whisk
- press tofu gently between 2 layers of paper towels
- remove stems form mushrooms.
- Heat wok over med high heat. add oil
- add scallions and next 3 ingredients thru ginger and stir fry for 1 min.
- add broth mixture. bring to simmer, cover and reduce heat ti medium. cook 5 minutes. add tofu and mushrooms and cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- increase heat to high. stir in cornstarch mixture. cook about 1 minutes
- serve over rice
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pamswearingen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note