all of the flavors go well together. it is an easy recipe and very tasty.
Tofu-Pine Nut Lettuce Wraps
These protein-rich wraps make a fun party appetizer or a light meal. Prep and Cook Time: about 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings; 3 or 4 main-dish servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 156
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 5.9g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 594mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu (also called nigari tofu)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 to 20 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- About 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1. Rinse tofu and pat dry. Cut into about 1/4-inch cubes.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir pine nuts until golden, about 4 minutes; pour from pan. Add tofu, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar to pan; stir over medium-high heat until tofu is hot and liquid is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and oil; stir just until parsley begins to wilt, about 30 seconds. Add salt to taste.
- 3. Just before serving (warm or cool), stir in pine nuts and transfer to a bowl. Pile lettuce into a basket and spoon hoisin sauce into a small bowl. Spoon tofu mixture into lettuce leaves, add a little hoisin sauce, and wrap up to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note