- 16 ounces pad Thai rice-stick noodles
- 14 to 21 oz. firm tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 20 small, thin carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup black bean garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise
- calories 828
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 29 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 118 g
- fiber 7.6 g
- sodium 890 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Boil noodles according to package directions, about 6 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, set tofu with a long side facing you. Cut tofu into eight 1/2-in.-thick slices, then lay between sheets of paper towels; gently press out excess moisture.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and fry until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate of tofu. Halve tofu diagonally.
Meanwhile, stir black bean garlic sauce, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, green onions, and 1/4 cup water together in a medium bowl.
Add black bean mixture to frying pan and boil over medium heat until sauce is reduced to 1 cup, about 3 minutes.
Divide noodles among 4 wide bowls. (If noodles are stuck together, rinse with hot water and drain.) Spoon 3 tbsp. sauce over each bowl. Arrange 4 pieces tofu, 5 carrots, and 1/4 cup snap peas over each, and spoon on remaining sauce if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with 3 tbsp. sauce.