- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) fresh udon noodles*
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dashi powder*
- 1/4 cup mirin*
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded ginger
- 1 cup bagged julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, plus more for garnish
- 14 to 16 oz. firm tofu, cubed
- 5 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 5 cups bean sprouts, rinsed
- calories 284
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- protein 20 g
- fat 4.7 g
- satfat 1 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- sodium 2380 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and divide among 4 large bowls.
Put broth, dashi powder, mirin, and ginger in an 8-qt. pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer; add carrots, 1/2 cup green onion, and the tofu. Cook until tofu is heated through, about 3 minutes. Add cabbage and bean sprouts and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Divide among the bowls and garnish with green onion.
*Find fresh udon in refrigerated section, and dashi (Japanese soup stock) powder and mirin in Asian-foods aisle of most grocery stores.