- 1 carton (12 to 14 oz.) firm tofu
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup drained canned roasted red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Salt and pepper
- calories 34
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 3.2 g
- fat 1.7 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 2.2 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 55 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse tofu and drain. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and lay on several layers of towels. Cover with several layers of towels and press gently to remove excess liquid.
In a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, mint, and green onions. Whirl until minced (or mince with a knife). Pour herbs into a small bowl.
Pat red peppers dry and put into a food processor or blender. Crumble tofu and add to red peppers along with garlic, lemon juice, and capers. Whirl until smooth. Add to herbs and stir to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.