The secret to this finger snack is the Asian dipping sauce. We like Thai-style sweet chili sauce, but you could use another style, or stir up your own mixture of ketchup, soy sauce, and spices.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 75%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 246mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 package (15.5 oz.) extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Thai or other Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1. Pour oil into a large saucepan to a depth of 1 in. and heat to 350°. Cut tofu into sticks about 1/2 in. wide and 3 to 4 in. long; pat dry with a towel.
- 2. Mix together salt, pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Drop tofu sticks into hot oil, working in batches, making sure they don't touch. Use a slotted spoon to gently turn tofu over occasionally; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- 4. Sprinkle with seasoning mix and parsley, and serve with chili sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note