Excellent! Great flavor. I used 1 cup uncooked rice & felt it was the right ratio as an entree. If you are using as a side-dish and want it to make "a lot" then 2 c. uncooked will work better.
Tofu Fried Rice
Bring a favorite takeout dinner packed with fresh veggies and tofu to the table in about 15 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 50.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 629mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices green onions
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan. Add eggs to pan; cook 1 minute or until done, breaking egg into small pieces. Remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan. Add 1 cup onions, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- While vegetable mixture cooks, combine sake, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Add cooked rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tofu, egg, and soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Using frozen peas and carrots plus bottled minced garlic and ginger speeds up preparation of this simple Chinese standby. Keep any leftover sake tightly capped in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, or you can substitute a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar for the sake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes