- 1 (8-ounce) package manicotti shells, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package lite silken firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce with burgundy wine (such as Five Brothers)
- calories 378
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- protein 31.8 g
- carbohydrate 42.8 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 840 mg
- calcium 677 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Cover and keep warm.
Combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Fill cooked manicotti shells evenly with mozzarella cheese mixture.
Cover bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with 1/3 cup pasta sauce. Place stuffed manicotti shells over pasta sauce. Cover with remainder of pasta sauce. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.