Tofu & Broccoli Stir-Fry
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1 3/4 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1/4 package(s) 14 oz. extra firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 pinch(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Canola oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Broccoli florets
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) Water
- 1. Combine broth, sherry (or rice wine), soy sauce, 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch, sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes and pat dry, then sprinkle with salt. Place the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the tofu; toss gently to coat. Heat 3/4 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu; cook, undisturbed, until browned, about 3 minutes. Gently turn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 3/4 teaspoon oil, garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and water; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir the reserved broth mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan; toss to combine with the broccoli and sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ejreese and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes