Tofu & Broccoli Stir-Fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1 3/4 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1/4 package(s) 14 oz. extra firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 pinch(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Canola oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Broccoli florets
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) Water
- 1. Combine broth, sherry (or rice wine), soy sauce, 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch, sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes and pat dry, then sprinkle with salt. Place the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the tofu; toss gently to coat. Heat 3/4 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu; cook, undisturbed, until browned, about 3 minutes. Gently turn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 3/4 teaspoon oil, garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and water; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir the reserved broth mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan; toss to combine with the broccoli and sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ejreese and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note