Wow! This was so good I had to force myself to stop eating it.
Tofu, Asparagus, and Red Pepper Stir-Fry with Quinoa
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Quinoa packs iron, fiber, and potassium into this meatless main dish.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup stir-fry and 1/2 cup quinoa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 6.1mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- To prepare dressing, combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare stir-fry, bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the quinoa; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, salt, and tofu; stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in dressing. Serve over quinoa, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note