Toffee Pecan Bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup english toffee bits (from 8 ounce bag)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 15X10X1 inch pan with shortening or cooking spray (do not use dark pan).
- In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until well blended. On low speed, beat in flour until dough begins to form. Press dough in pan.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan, heat 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and the corn syrup to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil 2 minutes without stirring.
- Quickly stir pecans into corn syrup mixture; spread over partially baked crust. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until filling is golden brown and bubbly.
- Immediately sprinkle toffee bits evenly over hot bars.Let stand 5 minutes to soften. With rubber spatula, gently swirl toffee bits over bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares, then cut each square in half to make triangles. Store in refrigerator.
- Do not leave these bars sit too long without cutting. I would imagine they would get difficult to cut.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wntrrider and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Toffee Pecan Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies