a little dry.
Toffee-Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
Toffee and chocolate give these shortbread cookies a sweet boost of flavor.
Yield: About 2 dozen (serving size: 2 cookies)
Cost per Serving: $.29
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 114mg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream together butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour and salt just until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 2. Using your hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart, pressing down lightly on each one with a moistened palm.
- 3. Bake until cookies are firm and just golden around edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note