Wouldn't use the molasses again. It was too strong tasting. The rest was good.
Toffee Candy Apples
You'll need a candy thermometer, wooden sticks, and a heavy sacuepan for these treats.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 71.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 66mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 8 Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup or molasses
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert wooden sticks into the stem end of each apple; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture reaches 280° (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Quickly dip apples in sugar mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place apples, stick sides up, on prepared pan; cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Toffee Candy Apples Recipe at a Glance