I am so glad I found this recipe online! I made these when the magazine came out a few years ago and they are easy and DELICIOUS! They do not taste like the "Blondies" that I've had before, like the buttery brown sugar types, but they are an excellent bar cookie!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 (17.5-oz.) package chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz.) package toffee bits
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1. Stir together butter and egg in a large bowl. (Mixture will not fully blend together.) Stir in cookie mix and vanilla until a soft dough forms. Stir in toffee bits and almonds until well blended. Press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack, and cut into bars.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and Heath Toffee Bits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts