Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
- 1. Heat sugar, butter and water to boiling in heavy 2-quart saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat to medium. Cook about 13 minutes, stirring constantly, to 300°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into cup of very cold water separates into hard, brittle threads. (Watch carefully so mixture does not burn.)
- 2. Immediately pour toffee onto ungreased large cookie sheet. If necessary, quickly spread mixture to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand about 1 minute or until chips are completely softened. Spread softened chocolate evenly over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, or refrigerate if desired, until firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bumblesin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Toffee Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy
More Recipes for Main Dishes