- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- Place almonds in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Cook butter and next 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over high heat, stirring mixture constantly, 15 to 18 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310°. Remove from heat, and immediately pour over almonds (do not scrape the pan).
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate morsels, and spread evenly to 1/2 inch from sides. Sprinkle with ground walnuts, and let stand until firm. Break into small pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts