I made this dish for a family get-together. I served it with vanilla yogurt & it was delicious. Most of the guests enjoyed it, though my husband did have trouble with the texture, so it wasn't his favorite.
Toasty Baked Oatmeal
To prep this delicious breakfast dish the night before, mix the oats, baking powder, salt, almonds, and apricots in a bowl; cover and let stand at room temperature. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon; cover and chill. The next morning, just mix the two together, stir in the pear, and bake. Prep and Cook Time: about 1 hour.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 572
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Sodium: 573mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 firm-ripe pear (8 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, cored, and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir in almonds, apricots, and pear.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- 4. Pour mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Bake until liquid is absorbed and top is light golden, about 45 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note