The combination of poultry, apples, and cheese in a sandwich is nothing new - but always delicious. I skip the apple butter and use spinach instead of arugula and even so, this sandwich is great. I like Granny Smith apples with brie cheese and either shredded chicken or turkey on whole wheat sourdough or rye.
Toasted Turkey, Brie, and Apple Sandwiches
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 673
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Sodium: 2228mg
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roasted turkey
- 4 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 Gala apple, sliced
- 1. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1/2 tbsp. butter. Spread the other side of 2 bread slices with 1/2 tbsp. apple butter each; top each with half the turkey, brie, and arugula, then a few apple slices. Spread the bare sides of remaining 2 slices of bread with remaining apple butter, then place on sandwiches, buttered side up.
- 2. Put 1 sandwich in a medium frying pan and cook, covered, over medium heat until golden brown on bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn sandwich over and continue to cook until cheese is slightly melted and second side is golden brown, 3 to 4 more minutes. Repeat with remaining sandwich. Serve sandwiches with remaining apple slices.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches