WOW-this is just sooo tasty! I couldn't stay away from it.
Toasted Pita with Mint, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad
Put late-summer tomatoes to good use in this bright and herby salad. For even more color, leave the cucumber unpeeled--English cucumber skin is thin enough to be palatable. Make this dish close to serving time so it doesn't become watery.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 274mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 3/4 cups chopped tomato (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled English cucumber (about 1)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add tomato and next 5 ingredients (through fresh cilantro); toss well.
- Arrange pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note